Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Alternator Found!

Yesterday morning I received sms from Adil told me that he found an suitable alternator and has been installed into my car. It is a good news to me but is the alternator for Skyline used? In order to check this out, I went to his place at afternoon.

Wow~ Guess what?! This is the 1st time I saw Twin FD3S there, I bet my brother is wetting his pants since he is a die hard fans of FD3S, LOL~ And of cause I'm feeling very great to meet the 2 owners of this RE machine> Kevin and Armin(correct me if I'm spelling wrong your name, sorry...). I totally admire their spirit of drove the long way from Segambut area to here for service their car. *Thumb up*

Additional, I can't really see the full model number of the recon alternator since already installed into my car. What I can get from there is  "23100 0V???". I've read some Skyline forum before, as long as "23100" at front, it suit to all Skyline... Is it real? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, since this alternator can fit to the pulley thus I assume this to be done. Paid and drove my Hippo back~

After arrived home, I tried to off/on my engine few time to see how its response? There are 2 or 3 times need 2 or 3 crank to spark the engine up. I call Adil again and he said is normal. Maybe I'm over worry hence I plan to leave my car there for 1 more day in order to make sure all is running good.

Two FD3S was there for service. White(Armin) and Dark Green(Kevin).

My old alternator, I'll take it for rebuild, just in case the current one die again. (touch wood)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    Been a long time since I posted anything on your blog :)

    Don't worry about 2-3 times crank. You don't drive it often enough, the engine needs time to build up the fuel pressure. You are thinking too much!

    If you ever run an independant ECU with big cams, it's even worst! My old car took 6-8 turns to start it up :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, your alternator, please rebuild and keep one spare. It's very hard to find one when you need it.

    But don't worry too much, alternator can last up to 80,000km before it fails

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicwan8, Good to see you back into my blog ^_^ Wow 6-8 crank.... If its happen to me, I will definitely no appetite until the problem solved. Anyway, if you said like this, its make me feel much comfort. I think the same way as you, since its difficult to find in market, I'll sure rebuild my old alter just in case happen again(touch wood). ^_^ Good day bro

    ReplyDelete