Thursday, January 14, 2010

2nd Trip Of Formula-D

Everything is smooth according to my plan, I managed to pick up my Blue Hippo to solve the "4th gear insufficient fuel supplied" yesterday. I woke up at 10.30am and arrived Formula-D at 11.30am, unfortunately Adil still haven't show up. While waiting him, I drove my Hippo to Steven Corner to have a drink. After finish up a quick drink, about 12pm+ I arrived Formula-D and Adil was there.

There are few pictures of my Blue Hippo....










He prepared and call up the mechanic to tighten up my car and start the dyno tune. After going through a few run and tune, he told me that the problem still occur but better than before. In this point, he suspect my fuel system got problem and suggest me to change the fuel pump and fuel regulator. Since I wonder whether I'm using the stock fuel pump, thus I decided to change to Walbro fuel pump and as well as the Sard fuel regulator.

While Tuning....





Dyno tune was continue after this 2 items fix into my car, this time the result show much much much better!! Anyway, there are still some minor problem which is insufficient fuel supplied at 7000rpm, the tuner try his best to solve this problem but in the end still can't make it. I have been told that it will be possible caused by the fuel filter or fuel injector..... Anyway, I'm not gonna fix this 1st since I din't rev up to 7000rpm at all time in order not to give stress to my engine.

There are others car at Formula-D like Scooby.






As well as Fairlady.


Before finish this topic, I would like to get comment from you guys about what should I do? Fix the fuel injector and fuel filter next time? If fix the fuel injector and fuel filter, will it need to open ECU again?? How long to fix this items?

Few pictures I took before my car is done.


 Adil's multi-color CBA-35, chunn!!

8 comments:

  1. Hello again,

    If you have changed the fuel pump and regulator, and problem still exist, next thing to look for is the injectors.

    How much power are you making? Something is not right, stock skyline fuel pump and injector should be able to handle more demands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nic, I have change both things, I ask the tuner help me re-touch the lean problem, but too bad it still running lean after 7000rpm. I have been told that if wanna increase power, I have to remap whole ecu and time is needed.

    Because the time is not allowed me to do so, thus I just stop there. From idle until 7000rpm is good, but after 7000rpm, A/f will go up a bit, just a bit(frm dyno graph) Compare to last time(b4 change fuel pump n regulator), it is far far better edi. However, the max power now is around 340whp, and torque is 38kg-m, just increase about 10+whp only compare to before....

    Yup, the tuner said it might be injector or fuel filter problem, i'll do that in upcoming service.

    Btw, I just wonder, is a stock bnr34's injector is in yellow color? If yes, I think i'm still using the stock 1.... But as u said, stock injector can handle more demand, so what is the problem of my car.... will the injector dirty since V-Spec2 is about 10 years car edi? Btw, I havent ask the tuner to fine tune and increase power, because its need time and I scare to put my car overnight there, lol~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe your injector could be the problem if it hasn't been change. I cannot remember if it's green or yellow. But would be good for a change...SARD big injectors.....maybe fuel rail too at the same time....everything is interconnected....

    PUMP -- > Filter --> Regulator --> Rail --> Injectors.

    340whp is not alot :( Unfortunately I'm used to seeing 400-600whp Skylines in Australia. It definitely needs a tune + change of parts.

    7000rpm-7500rpm will definitely start to lean out. As you are a turbo engine, compression is lower and the engine is not high revving, I am not too concern about that. Maybe fine and touch up tune will fix it. Takes very long time to get that part right

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep that in mind Nic, thank you so much for your advice ^_^
    Your info really help me so much. In order to completely solve my problem, I'll change the fuel filter and injector because two of this item is still in stock condition. But, I wonder is it there are any aftermarket fuel filter? Until now I still finding which brand is suitable to my car.
    Btw, I plan to use 600cc Tomei injector, the reason why i dont want go for those big injector like 1000cc INJ because some of them said need to install another 2 fuel pumps at boot there? is it real?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think what they meant is a surge fuel tank :)

    Hard to say if that is through, probably is, when i see 1000cc injectors, usually there is a surge tank.

    600-800cc injectors should be good enough. Stock skyline injectors is 330cc that should handle up to 450bhp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 330cc? I tot bnr34 is 444cc top feed injector?? Anyway, 600-700cc is what im thinking now. Once 100% solve my fuel problem, I'll stop there and enjoy my ride until "refresh" my engine, within this period maybe will change the rim and touch up some carbon item ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could be wrong.....probably 440cc.

    Modification is bug....very addictive...more than any other drugs....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya you are right. Before get this car, I promise myself only can spend $ in maintenance but not single cent in modification.... Now, my mind even floating of Tomei 2.8 kit..... haiz... moddy bug really poison me this time.

    ReplyDelete