Thursday, December 3, 2009

One Month Anniversary

My time is fully occupied by work, thus I don't have sufficient time to update my blog. Nevertheless I'm very busy, but I still remember today is my Blue Hippo 1st month anniversary and manage to squeeze out some time to take a couple of pictures about my Blue Hippo. Anyway, it is just a few exterior pictures....


Here is some picture I took last few days ago.






Since I already start up this topic, I gonna share something here. Within this month, I've practice to drive and learn how to master the twin plate clutch every night after 11pm, accept rainy night(I don't drive my Blue Hippo if raining). Frankly, at the first and second week, it is like the nightmare to me, I feel so stress because of everything still new to me, this is my 1st time drive a performance car, 1st time drive a twin-turbo car, 1st time deal with twin plate clutch and again this car has been medium mod by previous owner. Besides of this, every time when I turn on the engine, I can feel that my neighbor using a aggresive view and look at me, I know the sound is very irritating to them. *sorry neighbor, I'm not purposely disturb you but just wanna practice car /_\*
At 1st, I almost stalling at every junction. Because of this, every time I approach to traffic light, I'll pray to the traffic light don't turn on red light. LOL~ But 1 thing is, every time when I stall, car behind me will not give me a horn, I start to realized GTR is the street king car.*grin*

After 2 weeks practice on the road, I still not able to master it until I get some advised by senior from ZTH Skyline forum and GTROC forum. They taught me the way of control the friction point and the suitable location(empty car park) for practice. I listen to them and finally I found out a huge parking lot and train there. Due to there is a empty parking lot, this help to reduce my nervous and make me improve very fast by just 3 or 4 days. And now, I just keep practice and practice and practice on the road, no stalling and nothing nervous to me. However, it is all happen only on even and slightly slope road, so I'll proceed to practice at hill sloping road by using handbrake method. Wish I can fully handle her.

Before I stop, there is some view of mine about twin plate clutch. Twin plate clutch car really not suitable to drive during peak time traffic. No matter how well of you to control the clutch and friction point, your leg still will easily get numb when do it continuous. I'm not saying to all twin plate clutch user but I believe most of the number will agree to me. Indeed, twin clutch is heavy but is good to withstand the higher horsepower, and I can feel that I slowly fall in love to twin plate clutch~ Because of this Blue Hippo, I learn that the clutch is a very important part and it must be installed after the light mod and before you plan to go for 450+hp, same like suspension and brake system. Correct me if I wrong and have a nice day to all~

No comments:

Post a Comment